Vehicle insurance provides financial cover to the vehicle owners. Like every other country, there are some certain conditions applied on insurance coverage in America too. Usually, this insurance covers liabilities and medical or damage expenses. In the case of liabilities or damages, several situations are covered by insurance. In cities like New York, auto insurance agreements are provided by many companies.
This policy provides coverage in these situations:
- Collision – In the situation of collision, vehicle insurance company pays for the damage caused by it. It covers the payment of repairing for harm caused to car. If that vehicle is not in the condition to restore, then insured person will get the value of it.
- Comprehensive – If car is damaged because of, various reasons other than collision, insured person will still get paid. These other reasons can be theft, fire, weather or animals etc.
- Liability – Insurance policy also takes liability for the actions of insured person and harm caused by his car. If someone’s property is damaged by insured person’s car, then company will pay for it. Sometimes pedestrian etc., are injured in an accident caused by policyholder or other people he included in his agreement. In that situation, company will pay for medical expenses of injured.
- Injury – If someone gets hurt in an accident while sitting in that car, their medical expenses will be covered by policy.
- UM/UIM – In some cases, insured person, his family member etc., are injured in an accident caused by someone, who does not have enough money to pay for damages. In this situation, these policies will provide economic help.